The fabric I used for the trim is a very lightweight sage green cotton. I found it at the thrift store last year, two yards of it, and wasn't sure what to use it for. I think the color works well with the purply color of the main fabric. I was sorely tempted to do black trim but, well, I almost always do black trim so wanted something different for this.
The trim was just sewn on with large uneven running stitches (short on the outside, long on the inside) so it can easily be removed and replaced if need be at some point in the future.
So here is the finished sacque from the front. I must confess I am not as thrilled with it as I wish I was. I just feel huge and frumpy when I see pictures of how this thing looks from the front. I know it's partly the style of it, but still. Oh well. It is what it is. I think I'll always hate that subtle feeling of discontent, though.
I like this view much better. Probably because the back is fitted with ties which means that at least from the back I don't look as huge. You can tell, a bit better, that yes, I *am* expecting a baby and that's why I need extra room in the front. ;)
And the side view: A lot of room for expansion, yet! On a slightly related subject, I do really hope Baby grows more; I am 24 weeks now and comparing photos of how big I am now (people still usually don't know I am pregnant unless I tell them) with how big I was with Malachi, or Judah or David at the same week of gestation is a bit unsettling. I have only gained about 5 lbs. so if you feel led to, please keep me and the wee girlie in your prayers. We go in on Tuesday for a medical sono to make sure she is growing and developing properly. As long as she is doing fine, I won't worry so much. One thing is for sure, this pregnancy has been vastly different so far than my pregnancies with the boys!
We tried to take some photos outside but it was simply too windy to get very many. Here is one that did come out to my liking:
And one more.